Learn: Adjusting Focus on the Logitech C270 (Ciclop Scanner)
The Logitech C270 is a low budget and easy to use HD web camera. The camera has a fixed focal length which is great for fixed-camera systems such as a 3D scanner. For best results, you should adjust the focus of your Logitech camera.
The example image above highlights the difference between an out-of-focus and in-focus image. Note that the pattern created by OpenCV is crystal clear in both images, but the actual object is very blurry. The out-of-focus image may not trick the OpenCV tracking but it can definitely cause some concerns with a laser scanner!
Adjusting the focus is easy:
- Remove the first face plate
- Unscrew the three screws holding in the second face plate
- Locate the camera and turn the lens adjustment
- Position the camera in the scanner's camera holder to check focus
- Repeat making small adjustments and checking the scanner's image
We've created a quick video to help you through the process of disassembling and adjusting the camera.
Learn more about the BQ Ciclop Scanner
Manuals and drivers for the Logitech C270 Camera
Pick up a Logitech C270 for your scanner project Logitech HD Webcam C270, 720p